Monday, May 17, 2010

Brick Shat, Revisited

Okay, so no sooner do I type an angry blog about my LRP and how the Navy has screwed me over do I get some somewhat good news.

The day after I posted that blog I got a phone call from my recruiter saying that my paper work had a "G" next to it in the system, meaning that everything was okay.. With my paperwork, that is. Now it's the waiting game to see if the Navy will approve my packet, which they should.
I asked a fellow shipmate/former classmate who went through this crap before me how long she waited to get approved and she said like 2 MONTHS AFTER SHE PUT THE PACKET IN!! She then went on to say that the Navy drags their sweet ass time to give the green light because they actually approve the packet TWO DAYS after it is submitted.. Then why the hell do I have to wait two damn months to find out?? Thanks, Navy. Bravo Zulu:^(

Not.

And I asked my recruiter if I could go ahead and ship out early even though I am waiting on the verdict for my LRP and, you know, and find out later on in boot camp if I got it or not..
He said no. So my ass is stuck here for the next two months, at least. Hell.

But, since I am here and trying to ship out early, I was given "orders" (so to speak) by a Chief at MEPS to monitor my weight.. Which in my case means to lose weight. I was 164 when I joined. I am now 169.. Roughly.

So, yeah, I got my work cut out for me. I have to lose weight, remember my General Orders and re-remember the Sailor's Creed and the phonetic alphabet.. All the while writing papers for my Senior Chief and recruiter for money:) And let's not forget hanging out with beloved friends and family while I still can.

So, I'll be busy. I just need to stop fretting and get it together..

Peace, you guys:)

-Sailor Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment