Sunday, May 30, 2010

Praise Be To God, My LRP Got Approved!!

After having the shit scared out of me; after bitching about the Navy dragging it's ass with my paperwork; after constructing a Plan B, Plan C, and Plan D just in case my initial(and only, I might add) Plan A didn't work out, I got a wonderful, bless-ed phone call from one of my recruiters..

It was Tuesday, May 25th, the exact 3 month (or 90 day) marker until I ship out to boot camp. I was laying down and happened to text on of my recruiters about the status of my LRP. I needed to know SOMETHING and I knew the Navy had already made its decision, they just were taking their damn sweet time telling me..
But my recruiter said he would text me back when he found out something..
And then he didn't text me back, he actually called me..

He said, "I have great news. Your LRP got approved!..."

Uuuuhh...*Brain stops functioning..*

Wait, what?.. WHAT?! I was seriously dumbfounded for a few seconds. My body and mind got stuck on stupid. Did the Navy just proverbally drop 20 grand into my lap?!?

*YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!*

Oh, praise be unto God! For I know I am not perfect, am a borderline hedonist, am far from the Christian I should be, love premarital sex perhaps a *tiny* bit too much and I talk mad shit about people, but He had my back. And He took care of all $20,000.00 in student loans and debts I have... Wait, HAD. Teehee! *Childish giggles*

So where I didn't get a signing bonus, I got accepted into the Loan Repayment Program and got all 20 thousands dollars in debt taken care of. That's WAY damn more than what anybody is getting in signing bonuses these days! Or at all, for that matter..

Wow. I was and am truly speechless. I must be doing something right. True, I had to fight tooth and nail to get this but I got it. I didn't have too. Everything is lining up for me. So This, This being my Navy career, is in fact a part of God's Life Plan for me. And I thank God I have found my calling:)

Wow.. I basically went to college for free. How amazing is that?! Thank God I chose CTI as my rate because the LRP is dependent upon what rate you choose. Not everyone gets it. Hell, not everyone even gets the CHANCE to apply for the LRP, let alone get approved. And for that I am truly Blessed.

Thank you to all those men and women in uniform and on the civilian side who worked for and with me to get this. May God bless you.

~Sailor Taylor

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Can you give me more information on what you had to do for your LRP. Im afraid my situation may be the same. Since I have direct loans...AND Sallie Mae. ugh

    ReplyDelete