Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Very First Laptop!

This past Saturday, a friend and I went to the NEX on the Naval Postgraduate School base; and while she shopped for uniform items, I saw something that made my heart stop..

Laptops. Tax free laptops.
No shipping costs either.

Y'all, I don't have a computer. I am actually typing this post from my Droid Thunderbolt phone, and the majority of my posts on this blog are from my sister's computer. It is a pain in the ass, for real. But the idea of FINALLY having my OWN laptop simply makes me giddy:-D

I am horrible with saving money, but I do need to get with the times, so a laptop is where it's at for me..

Not to mention I have my bachelor's in graphic design AND I DO NOT HAVE A COMPUTER.
A damn shame, I know:(

But in order to get what I must have and what is so close, yet so far, I applied for a credit card through my credit union.
It will be here in about 7 days.
And the line of credit I have on that thing, compared to the lil $200 limit I had on my Macy's card at the age of 20, ain NO joke.
This could easily be the smartest or stupidest thing I have ever done. And hopefully getting this card proves I am a genius.

The 17 inch Toshiba I want is $799 and has a dvd player with a built in camera and other features, of course. I ran it by my sister, and she said everything about it sounded good, and I intend on adding more things to it as I go along, like a media/graphics card thingy and Adobe Suite, to name a few.
I see no reason why this laptop shouldn't last me 3 years, at least, you know?

And as for the credit card, I plan on using it for this laptop and buying my plane tickets home. Once I pay those things off, I will use it once a month for dinner or something, just to use it and not have it laying around, because you HAVE to use a credit card if you have one. And then I will immediately pay it off. Sounds good to you??

My sister says I should not buy anything I cannot play off in no more than two pay periods. And my long-distance-boo says I should use it for emergencies only. Sounds about right.

Lord, help me to be wise about this..

I figure I should have my first laptop ever in about a week and a half.
I am SO excited:)

-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment