Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Day Before

This morning I went to my recruiter's office to finish off some paperwork before I report to MEPS at 8am tomorrow to be sworn in. I already had to turn in a packet today that included transcripts from school, references, my over due debts, and past work and residence history. I thought that was pretty damn evasive, but once I got there I had an even LARGER packet to fill out. I was like Good Lord! What else does the Navy want to know about me? And how many concent forms and acknowledgements do they need?! But the military is VERY thorough. It seems as though I am already in but I still need that verbal agreement tomorrow. And to top this off I will still have to undergo an extensive FBI background check to get the CTI job I want. Oh well. It's all worth it:)

The run down I was given is that I will undergo a series of questions tomorrow regarding my past history and I am ready for it. I am clean as a whistle so bring on the questions that are meant to incriminate! Oh yeah! Lol. And then I will go through job selection. They know which one I want. But they will try to talk me out of it, apparently. How stupid is THAT?? Come, Uncle Sam!

And because I am just under $19,000 in student loan debt, I signed up for the Loan Forgiveness Program or whatever it's called. BUT, because the Navy is paying my 19K in debts, I will have to enlist for 6 years as opposed to 4 and I won't get the new GI bill. I suppose that's fair, right? But I need to factor in how much my signing bonus would be and if I want to pay $200 a month for the next 10 years or so. I mean, I already have every intention of making a career out of the Navy, but I have never made a 6 year commitment to anything in my life outside of school. And even that almost doesn't count. But even in those 6 years and can still apply for Officer Commissioning School and the Seaman to Admiral program which would provide me with another college education/degree so I could get a more fitting degree to go officer. So everything will work out:)

Well, I am off to pick out an outfit and get myself together for tomorrow. I am hella excited and in disbelief. I thank God for this. More tomorrow.

Kisses! Lol. The world is my oyster:)

~*Pie*

No comments:

Post a Comment