Wednesday, February 3, 2010

WENCH!!

I heard about a new book called "Wench" by Dolen Perkins-Valdez from a friend on Facebook. It's about the peculiar relationship between slave masters and their slave mistresses. The majority of the action takes place in Ohio, in free territory, at a resort where Southern barons vacationed with their choice female slaves. Slaves who were sometimes also the mothers of their illegitimate children.

Yall, I LOVE historical fiction! Especially fiction based in times of slavery that deal with Black women and how they interacted with white men. It's so interesting and I view it as an initial look into today's interracial dating scene..

Which I don't trust. I don't trust any white person's reasons for dating a Black person. Especially not down south. I cannot speak for other regions, but I know here it's for alternative motives and cruel intentions MOST of the time. They just want to "see what it's like." And some Black people do it for the same reasons, but that's for another blog completely. Oh, imma be talkin' about some interracial datin', yall!

But I just don't get down with it unless he is fine as HELL, "dark" (you know, white people's verson of being dark) and not from the Durrty Souff, feel me?

Anyway, I'm getting off subject..
I finally got "Wench", a book I have been salavating over and wanting for some time. I am always happy to find a book that gets me truly excited about reading it, and this is one of them. I'm sure I'll be back with a recap on this book and many more...

And for almost $30, this shit betta be PLATINUM!! Lol!

~*Pie*

No comments:

Post a Comment