Sunday, April 4, 2010

Gabourey Sidibe and The Movie Precious

Gabby?.. Gabby.. Girl?.. Girl, You have GOT to put that shovel down, hunny! And I know it was a shovel because ain no way in hell a damn spoon, knife, or fork could do all THAT. I mean look at you! Have you NO self esteem? Or control for that matter?..

Okay, that had to be said. I mean, look at that massive fat bastard. She is MORBIDLY obese and it boggles my mind how someone gets that BIG. Even her damn face is huge and fat. How you gone have a fat ass face?!
How someone can just really and truly not give a hot damn about themselves alludes me. And apparently her parents didn't give a damn about her either. That is not genetics or "big bones." That is pure fuckin food. Bullshit. She makes the Black race look like coons. I mean this just upsets me! The look of her is UGH! Can you imagine her smell? Or *attempting* to have sex with her? Oh God! I just threw up in my mouth a little.
The fact that she has a "white girl" voice or has her weave done means nothing. She is a disgrace that I want to throw a rock at. Yeah, that was mean but damn. Someone had to say it. Don't think that just because she did a movie playing a tragic, fat ass negro that everything is all gum drops and rainbows. There is a pink elephant in the room and she is Black, fugly, and named Gabourey.

But, on another note, even though I was and still am disgusted by Gabourey, the movie "Precious" wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I rented it via RedBox because I wasn't going to see it in theatres. Nope! I hardly support Black movies anyway because they suck. Oops, but they do..
Anyway, I won't call it one of my favorite movies because it can get depressing, but it is good and digestible.. And boy wouldn't Gabby know everything about being digestible. Lmao! Sorry, I couldn't help it;)

But I read the book it was based on, "Push", and couldn't really get into it. It was suggested to me by a Black woman working at a Black, ghetto, "urban drama" bookstore in a ghetto ass mall in one of the badder parts of Memphis (wow that was a long sentence!). She said it was a really good book but I bet she also thought Tyler Perry was good too.
But, anyway, I read it and realized it was a direct copy of The Color Purple. Some poor, abused, illiterate, dark skinned Black girl with two kids by her own father overcomes adversity and turn into a beautiful butterfly afterwards and blah, blah, blah...
Yall get what I am saying.

But, copy-cat book aside, Precious was better that I thought it could be and better than the book. And that is a hard thing to accomplish.. Or does it just say how awesomely bad the book really is?? Hm! But, yeah, more things could be said about it but I'll chill on that.. Except what the hell was Lenny Kravits doing in the movie? What was the purpose of his role? And what was the deal with the lesbian, overly attached teacher named Blu Rain?? Like seriously??

Okay! I'm done yall lol.
Peace.

~Sailor Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment