Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Rejected By My Surroundings..


This morning before my workout, my brother-in-law stated an interesting theory.
Simply paraphrasing, He said to not give up and feel discouraged..
And that my surroundings were rejecting me.

And it makes sense.

I have lost my job, my home (which was the closest thing I had to a comfort zone, be it as ghetto as it was), and my car. Everything has fallen, or shall I say fallen into place rather, to strip me of my Memphis comfort to prepare me for THE World. I have been rejected from this life in order to fully pass on to another. There is nothing here for me outside of my family and a few token friends. No roots, no ties to keep me grounded. It is as if my Armageddon has occurred. My flood is here. Noah is at the helm. And God is preparing to create a new time, a new land, and a new sense of being in which I am the Eve of the story.

And with that, I felt better. I felt rejuvenated. So much so that I felt a new drive to really push in this last stretch of Memphis existence. No proverbial walls will be hit here. They have already been torn down anyway.

~Sailor Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment