Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Girl Talk! Skin and Hair

Sooo....

There is so much I could say and want to say because a good amount of things have taken place, but I just don't feel like it right now. Sorry. I will one day soon but at this very moment, I guess I need to let these things simmer and settle inside me before I share them with the world. It's hard to explain, but a lot of times I just don't feel like talking or typing right after things take place. This is kinda one of those times. And I say kinda because I do feel like talking, just not about anything too deep or that would take up too much time.

So I'm going to talk about my hair and skin! :)

So my shaven head of hair has grown into a TWA: a teenie weenie afro, for all you non-natural readers. It's about a 4th of an inch long. Not even half... Well, maybe half an inch. But barely.
Anyway, I don't comb it, I just slather Murray's pomade on it and maybe some Let's Jam hair gel(which I don't really like because it has the wrong, watery consistency and I'm sure alcohol in it as well) with raw shea butter. Oh! And I started using this organic, all natural stuff called SheaMoisture today too. I'm happy to see how that works out in my hair..
But all that stuff moisturizes it and allows it to clump together and curl up. It's cute:) But, as usual, I was getting restless and got it lined up today. My edges were looking a tiny bit rough, though. And now they look better. Neater. It's not a huge difference, and it shouldn't be. It was just a little clean up to my appearance. But I will certainly be happy when it really starts GROWING. But patience is a virtue;( And I will say that I was happy when a co-worker and customer noticed it was growing. So yay to that:)

Okay! So, I went back and forth with Selsun Blue because I was *determined* to get this stuff to work. I figured out that if I mixed it with Clean and Clear Advantage, scrubbed off the dead/ peeling skin with apricot scrub once a week, and use a bleaching facial cream day and especially at night, it works! Lol. That's kinda a lot, but it works for me. Because I was DESPERATE for a "cure" to my acne, even though there is literally no cure for acne, just like the common cold:(
But so far everything seems to be working fine and dandy. I still have some acne, but it is way better than what it was. And I still have dark spots but those will eventually go away with time and my bleaching/toning cream. They always do. So between this and guzzling down water, I'm good:) Oh, and I stopped taking all those damn vitamins. There were breaking me out, I know. And they made my pee strong. So not cute:(

But that's enough for now! I didn't even mean to write this much, lol. But whatever.
Toodles!

~Sailor Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment