Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Fat Boy Suit

Whoever came up with the idea of working out in plastic is a mad genius.

Let me just say that my weigh-in did not go as well as I expected and hoped. I knew I was pushing it with my weight, but I honestly did not fathom this outcome. But, that is a story that is deserving of a blog entry all its own. Therefore, I will come back to the subject of my weigh-in at a later time..

Anyway! With the subject of my weight at hand, one of my recruiters told me to get a stomach sweat band and a "fat boy suit," as he calls it.
Actually, the suit he was referring to is called a "Sauna Suit." I'm sure you all have seen it on others. It looks like a sweat suit made out of a trash bag. They are shiny, made out of some plastic-type material, and make swishing sounds when people wear them. I actually saw my recruiter wearing one at the gym we go to, so he can testify to its "power." He wore that thing and lost 20lbs. But, of course, he does insane workouts when he needs to (like when a PRT is coming up). So he's a special case.

But as soon as I left the recruiters' office (very embarrassed and thankful, I might add) I made my way to Wal-Mart and bought a Gold's Gym brand stomach band and sauna suit. They were surprisingly cheap at $5 and $8, respectively.
I will say that the suit is HIDEOUS. The "shirt" is gun metal grey and the bottom is Smuff/hospital blue. And it's big on me. I tried it on and couldn't help but laugh at myself in my despair. I look like a baggy condom in that thing. LMAO! It's sad, really lol. But I have to do it:-/ I don't have time to be "cute" anymore. I simply don't.

Anyway, I was eager to work out with these new "toys" of mine. My recruiter swore by them and I couldn't wait. So the next morning I got up around 6am and made my way to the gym around 7am. I did push-ups and abs first and then put the stomach belt and suit on over my clothes, which were a green, fitted T and black running capris..

Y'aaaaaaall... That workout was something SERIOUS! My recruiters were feeding me all this bullshit about how full of water the suit would be because it was going to make me hella sweat and how the majority of the weight I would lose would be water weight and shit like that. I didn't really believe them because they go hard on their workouts anyway, so I didn't think that crap would work for me.
But my ass was WRONG! My suit was full of water; it was dripping and pouring out everywhere. My clothes underneath were soaking wet. You would have thought I went swimming fully clothed or something. It was amazing! Lol. Even my stomach band was drenched, and that's not easy considering that crap is made of some weird plastic material.
So now I'm all siked again about working out. It's almost like a game. Like, how hydrated can I get and how much can I sweat? How hard can I push myself to workout in that hot ass suit (and boy does it get hot and stuffy!) without passing out? How small can my waist actually get? How much weight can I lose and how fast can I lose it? It's almost sadistic it seems, but this is how I motivate myself. This is how everyone who seriously hits the gym stays motivated, I think. It's all about body modification in a positive and healtht way. And I'm glad I finally tried this new "method" to working out:) Thanks, recruiter! Lol.

But, long story short, I am glad I finally got that damn suit and stomach band. I felt tiny as hell after I got done working out and I know the weight will fall off very soon. I just have to drink ASS LOADS of water and eat like 6 times a day, which will be the hardest part. But I can do this! I will do this. I'm on my last stretch here. I have 6 weeks, 6 days left. It's time to STOP shitting around. My weight is about to get me kicked out the DEP and I will not and cannot have that. I have got to better. Which is what I should have been doing all along. It's only my fault, but now is the time to prove myself. And I will and am.

More later.

~Sailor Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment