Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Girl Talk!

Okay, it's time to get past the Angry Black Woman blogs and move onto lighter fair..

It's time for Girl Talk! *Giggles!* This blog is all about my cosmetic happenings.. So.. Here goes!!

Okay, so in a February blog entitled "Just Lettin' My Soul Glow," I wrote about how I was going to let my hair grow..Maybe.. Well, I didn't lol. I chopped it all off again.. And again.. And again.. I thought I looked prettier with shorter hair sans the color. But then I saw a picture of those BCG's: Boot Camp Glasses. Or Birth Control Glasses as I and many others refer to them as. They are called such because they are SO ugly they repel ANYONE from wanting to have sex with the person who wears them lol. But they are pretty damn tough and sturdy. But still. Wearing those glasses gets me no sex. Shit! Lol..

But, either way, I don't want to wear them! My eyes are so bad that I KNOW the lenses on them will be HUGE and THICK. I'll be so ugly and I'm so used to being cute! *Toot, toot! That's my own horn* BCG's are the main thing I am NOT looking forward to in boot camp. That and swimming.

But, getting back to my initial point, I have decided to start growing my hair back to counter the effects of those hideous ass glasses. I figure I need hair to take some of the "ugly" edge off those damned glasses. And, really, I kinda missed my hair. I do. I love it short but I want something to play with. And I'm interested in the growth process too. But it seems that now that I actually WANT my hair to grow back and it's not growing out due to me being too cheap to go to the barber, it won't grow:( But it will! And in the mean time I have died it back to the coppery, blonde color it is in my profile picture. Yeah, I got bored again lol. But I wanted a summer color. And I'll be sure to dye it back dark before I hit boot camp. I shutter to think about what they would do to me in boot camp if I showed up with a mini blonde 'fro..

Okay! Also, since February I have been getting my nails done. I've never been able to afford the luxury before, but now I can. So I got them done on the regular. But, with me having 2 MONTHS AND 2 WEEKS left before I ship out (YEESSSSS!!!), it's time to let this trend go. I need to put that money towards my bills. And, yes, having bills that are not paid on time, all the time will affect my Navy career. So.. It's time to start paying that shit off, lol. Or at least try. It won't all be paid off before I go, but the Navy needs to see that I am trying to get my financial shit together. So bye-bye nails!

I look at my hands now and my natural nails have grown out longer than they ever have before, but they are so SOFT. I mean, they're like newborn baby, these things have been soaking in embryonic fluid for the past 9 months SOFT! I'm almost tempted to cut them off and start all over again. Some have broken off anyway, showing my naturally short and stubby nails. I have my father's hands. They aren't long and feminine like my mom's and sister's, but they are mine and they are what I have grown up with all my life. It's almost refreshing to see the same ol' me resurfacing again. No more fakeness. Time to strengthen my nails by simply letting them grow. And I can't be having soft, brittle nails in boot camp anyway. I cannot imagine now much that would suck when they teach us to tie knots and what not and my nails are literally bending back. Ew:(

So, I guess you can say that overall I am reverting back to my natural self. The nails are gone, my hair is growing back. And, really, I couldn't be happier. It's time to return to me. And of course you will be kept updated on my progress..

More Girl Talk later! Smooches:)

~Sailor Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment