Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Girl Talk! Skin and Nails

So here's my update on the Selsun Blue shampoo I have been using on my face:
I'm not sure how I feel about it:(
It SERIOUSLY dried my skin out to the point it was cracking, peeling, and itchy. And then when it healed my skin was darker and scalely looking because of the tiny little scars that formed to heal the breaks in my skin. And, even with all of this happening, my acne still persisted and breakouts still occurred. I had to slather shea butter on my skin at night and during the day to try to moisturize my face and it was still very dry. So of course I had to discontinue use:( I was pretty heartbroken with this. Why didn't this "miracle product" work for me? Shit:( Eh, so I'm back to using Clean and Clear Advantage, which kinda works. It just takes time, but it seems like my best bet. Well, that and water anyway. So much for quick fixes.

Anyhoe! I decided a few weeks ago that I would stop getting my nails done so I could put that money towards my bills and I think I was kinda getting tired of the acrylic nails anyway. When I took them off (and kept them off for a few weeks) and realized I like the way my short, stubby nails look naturally. I had kept them covered for so long that I missed the look of my natural hands. So I simply painted them and kept them even.
But today I decided I would get my nails done in a full acrylic set since I had a lil money on me and was bored. But! My phone got cut off and I had to pay that 1st lol. So I wasn't going to get them done and then my big sis treated me to a full set today when she got her UV Gel fill-in. I can't believe she did that for me! Especially since she was going out of town the same day and had to get a rental car, hotel and other stuff. Nails add up, you know? And, yet, she did this for me. Wow. Thank you, Sissy:)

Oh! And instead of my normal French tip manicure I got an American tip manicure for the 1st time which is off white/ pearl tips. They look more natural than the stark white/ white-out white that comes with the French manicure. But I am happy:) I got a simple manicure without any nails art. It's a nice return to acrylic nails without being too much. I have to eventually stop wearing these anyway before I ship out to boot camp. But in the mean time I'm good:)

~Sailor Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment