Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Water, Revisited

Well, I got my bathing suit, which is very cute, I might add;) It's black "booty"/ boy shorts that tie up on the sides with hot pink string and a matching pink and black racer back top that's actually meant for surfers. It's kinda hard to explain and I wanna make this a short post, but hopefully you guys get what I am saying. Either way, my curves and ass are accentuated QUITE nicely, I might add;)

Anyway! My memory fails me but I think I went swimming twice once I got my suit and then stopped. I just HATE doing things I'm not good at. So, I finally got rid of all the excuses and mentally and physically (it IS very tiring, after all) geared myself up to go swimming. I even googled swimming techniques so I could get a general idea of what I was doing wrong. I knew I had the basic idea of swimming down, but I just KNEW I was fucking up somewhere.

So, from what I gathered, I needed to basically relax in the water so I wouldn't get so tired so soon. I have this thing where I tense up in the water because I am out of my element/ comfort zone and tend to freak out. So I have to take deep breaths and relax before I start swimming. Aaaaannd, after I relax and actually start to swim, I need to be sure I rock my body from side to side with each stroke. What I tend to do is lay flat on the water and only move my arms and not my body with my arms. Basically I'm a damn board in the water lol. But rocking my body with the motion of my arms seemed like it would help me and help me be able to get my next breath in since my body was turning to the side more..
Oh! And I read that I needed to point my chin to my shoulder as I turn my head to get my next breath in. All this seems simple enough, right?? Okay..

So, I go to the pool. I swim for a little bit and already I start to feel better in the water. It's starting to feel RIGHT. I still wasn't a fish in the water, but I wasn't a rock either. But I still kinda felt that I needed help or was still doing something wrong. So I mustered up the courage to ask the lifeguard on duty to watch me swim a couple strokes..

He said I looked fine:) YAY!! That was really all I needed: assurance. Here I am hating doing things I'm not good at and I actually am doing the right thing. Awesome:) That was a huge boost of confidence. I needed that.

So now I am all motivated to swim. I'm still not where I want to be in the water. I still swim in the 4 feet end "just in case." But I know the progress is there. And all I have to do to get better is simply swim. All I need is stamina:) Because I think they are going to have my ass swimming a mile in boot camp.. Which seems pretty damn preposterous to me, but whatever. This is just another challenge that I will meet..

Oh, and to make sure my ass goes swimming, I have cut out going to the gym and doing cardio first, as was my original routine. I would do at least 60 minutes of cardio (an hour!) and THEN swim. And that had my ass exhausted.. And that was also as excuse for me to not go swimming.. Yes, yet another excuse not to do it. So, I just swim now. That's it. And it is a good workout. It gets to my muscles big time. So if I can keep swimming until I am good and sore/ toned then I should be fine:)

Well, I am off today and am getting rested up. So that means I will be hitting the pool later one. Pray for me! Lol. Toodles!

~Sailor Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment